A.H.C.C. Maximum Strength 750 mg/capsule, 60 capsules
Does not contain dairy, egg, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat.
Liposomal PC Complex contains 5200 milligrams of Phospholipid Complex per serving. Derived from non-GMO sunflower, soy-free.
- May function as an Immune System Primer*
- May increase populations of Natural Killer (NK) cells which destroy abnormal or infected cells*
- May double Macrophage and T-cell populations*
- May increase Cytokine production*
- May fight the HPV virus in cervical infections*
Active Hexose Correlated Compound (A.H.C.C.) a highly purified polysaccharide extract from super-mushroom mycelia. Mushroom polysaccharides have long been known to be beneficial to health but because they are large molecules in the 500,000 Dalton range they are poorly absorbed by the human gut. The Japanese company Amino Up however has succeeded in isolating a small mushroom polysaccharide of only 5000 Dalton in size they named AHCC which they now distribute world-wide. AHCC has very good absorption and has a wide arrange of health benefits. In Japan AHCC is widely used as a preventative supplement that bolsters the Immune system against such things as the common cold or the flu. But AHCC is also used to treat more serious conditions such as chronic infections, cancer, diabetes, heart and liver diseaseidyl-Ethanolamine and Phopshatidyl-Inositol. All three of these phospholipids are present in this product.
Mechanism of Action:
AHCC has been well studied in vivo and in vitro. It appears to signal the Immune System to increase production of molecules called cytokines. These are messengers the immune system uses to coordinate a healthy immune response. In addition, AHCC has been shown to significantly increase the number of actual immune cells in the first line of defense as follows:
- Natural Killer (NK) cells are one such population. NK cells can directly attack abnormal cancer cells or infected cells to destroy them. AHCC has been shown to potentially increase NK cell populations by 300-800%.
- Macrophages are another type of immune cell, which can directly engulf and destroy invaders such as bacteria. AHCC may in some cases double macrophage counts.
- Dendritic Cells: AHCC boosts numbers of these immune cells are responsible for identifying and “tagging” invaders such as bacteria to activate immune B and T cells.
- T-cells: AHCC may double the number of T cells ( a major subclass of White Blood Cells).
- Infection: AHCC may help modulate the immune response in bacterial, fungal and viral infections (Candida, Influenza, HHV-6, Klebsiella, Psudomonas). Cancer: AHCC may help decrease recurrence and increase survival in several types of cancer, such as liver, stomach, lung, breast and thyroid.
- Chemotherapy side effects: AHCC may alleviate side effects of chemotherapy such as bone marrow suppression, hair loss and nausea
- Diabetes: AHCC may help lower blood sugar levels and Hemoglobin A1C
- Cervical HPV infections: In one recent small study AHCC showed promising activity against cervical HPV infections. 5 out of 10 HPV positive women in the study tested negative for HPV after several months of therapy.
Adults may take 1-2 capsules, one to two times daily. Use in children is recommended only under medical supervision of a physician.
Children and pregnant or lactating women should consult their healthcare practitioner prior to use. Intended for use by adults. Consult with a healthcare professional to determine appropriate dose and suitability for children.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.